What Do You Say About This Arbalet?

rapsod

and... what do you think about my idea ?

I'm conspicuous (its is not an insult :109: ) because if the nut is allowed to move sideways (whatever the side) it will move :bhaoui..: Probably not each time in the desired position, even with a spring, resulting in uncertain position of the nut which is less than desirable for precision.

Moreover one important thing about mechanics is that any play (freedom of movement) you allow to parts will grow with wear and that also is bad for precision and wear.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know what to do next. I think to go in forest and get some ash wood. My intention is to make this crossbow from two pieces of wood. In that way it is easier to carve a wood hole for mehanism. Or maybe fir/pine wood for body and oak for "table" (I think that is name of flat part where arrow is put)? It is too complicated to cut cow bone for "table".

I think like Ishi. If nut will be made of plastic it will have small momentum of inertia because it will have small mass. (I hate english tensis. What is future pasive? (this is retoriq question))

I don't know what to say anymore. I will try to put it all together with dimension and hope that somebody else will try "medicine" before me :P !!!